Helpful Resources for the Classroom
- Marilee Adams. Teaching That Changes Lives: 12 Mindset Tools For Igniting A Love of Learning, Barrett Koehler Publishers, San Francisco, CA, 2013.
- Prof. Arthur L. Costa, Ed.D., Bena Kallich, PhD., Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind: 16 Essential Characteristics for Success. Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 2008.
- Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson. The Compassionate Classroom: Relationship-Based Teaching and Learning. Puddle Dance Press, 2004.
- Jane M. Healy, Ph.D.
- Your Child's Growing Mind: A Practical Guide To Brain Development and Learning From Birth To Adolescence, Doubleday, 1994
- Different Learners: Identifying, Preventing and Treating Your Child's Learning Problems, Simon and Schuster, 2010.
- Endangered Minds: Why Children Don't Think and What We Can Do About It, Touchstone, 1990.
- John Holt, How Children Learn, Perseus Books, 1983. This is the second edition of John Holt's 1964 best seller.
- Paul Mathews, Sing Me The Creation: A sourcebook for poets and teachers, and for all who wish to develop the life of the imagination, Hawthorn Press, UK, 1994.
- Gabor Matè, Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It, A Plume Book, Penguin, 2000.
- Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Matè, Hold On To Your Kids, Ballantine Books, 2004, 2005
- Kirsten Olson, Wounded by School: Recapturing the Joy in Learning and Standing Up to Old School Culture, Teacher's College Press, 2009
- Joseph Chilton Pearce, Magical Child, Dutton, 1977.
- Ken Robinson, Ph.D. and Lour Aronica, Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution That’s Transforming Education, (Viking, 2015)
- Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D., Life-Enriching Education: Nonviolent Communication Helps Schools Improve Performance, Reduce Conflict, and Enhance Relationships, (Puddle Dancer Press, 2003).
- Nell Smyth, Drama at the Heart, Teaching Drama in Steiner-Waldorf Schools. (Floris Books, 2016).